GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- The testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
- The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
- I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for Thy commandments.
- Look Thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as Thou usest to do unto those that love Thy name.
- Order my steps in Thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
- Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep Thy precepts.
- Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant; and teach me Thy statutes.
- Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not Thy law.
Count to Pentecost
King David declares that the testimonies of the Lord are wonderful! David knew his walk was amongst the privileged, for the entrance of the word of God had elevated him from the shepherd in the field to the King over a nation. The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding to the simple.
With his mouth, he wanted to declare the testimonies of the Lord. By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth (Psalm 33:6). The Lord brought all things into existence by the breath of His mouth had influenced David to use his voice to speak. Evening, morning, and at noon, he gave praise that his kingdom would inspire others to live the commands of Lord.
Do you realize how important your words are? If you were created and formed into His image and likeness, then your words can create or destroy. Joshua said, “for me, and my household we will follow the Lord.” Together the family of Joshua directed the breath of their mouths to God.
Each day we have so many choices to make and by the simple things we say of do our lives become molded to them. The Holy Spirit is here to help us choose better words, better lives!
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.