GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.
- Be surety for Thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress me.
- Mine eyes fail for Thy salvation, and for the word of Thy righteousness.
- Deal with Thy servant according unto Thy mercy, and teach me Thy statutes.
- I am Thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know Thy testimonies.
- It is time for Thee, Lord, to work: for they have made void Thy law.
- Therefore I love Thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
- Therefore I esteem all Thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward Him (2 Chronicles 16:9). King David had more riches than anyone before him. He was not like the disciples of the Lord saying silver and gold I have none. He had it, but it was not his treasure. The Lord saw the heart of David, and it was perfect toward Him! Don’t we want our hearts to be in the same place?
This cause for the perfection of the heart was his deepest most desire. He could see that the commandments of the Lord gave him sight! David knew that he was incapable of mining these riches of God’s kingdom on his own. Crying to the Lord, “ Be surety for thy servant…” because he saw and tasted the sweeter things- David wanted the Lord to be his guarantor behind the search.
There are days when we know we need something more to maintain our love for Jesus. We need a surety that despite ourselves this flow we are in will never slow to a trickle. The Lord already knew we would need help. The surety, the guarantor He sent to us is the Holy Spirit. Can I have this guarantee my hard bones will come alive? Can I have this surety that my hard heart will come alive? Yes, Jesus cried out, “ I will send you the Comforter.”
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.