GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- I hate the vain thoughts: but Thy law do I love.
- You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope: I hope in Thy word.
- Depart from me, you evildoers, For I will keep the commandments of my God.
- Uphold me according unto Thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
- Hold Thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto Thy statutes continually.
- Thou hast trodden down all them that err from Thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.
- Thou put away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love Thy testimonies.
- My flesh trembles for fear of You, And I am afraid of Thy judgments.
I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward (Genesis 15:1) David reiterated the promise given to Abraham in Genesis 15:1. We too who were once aliens to these promises have been made one with them in the blood of the Messiah. (Ephesians 2:11-22)
Knowing Jesus is our shield and exceeding great reward: our cry is – Hold me up, Lord. There is now a hedge around us, within this circle, this safe haven, David constantly reminded himself that the Word held him. It was impossible for this Word to say one thing and do something else. The Word gave life, and that more abundant, this is the exceedingly great reward. The Lord reserves the secret place for those would read, listen, and repeat his His testimonies.
King David’s life teaches us to live in the fear of the Lord and never to be ashamed, that we hope in Him! For “the way of the Lord is strength to the upright (Proverbs 10:29)
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.