GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- I have sworn and confirmed That I will keep You righteous judgments.
- I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.
- Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me your judgments.
- My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Your Torah.
- The wicked have laid a snare for me, Yet I have hot strayed from your precepts.
- Your testimonies I have as a heritage forever, For they are the rejoicing of my heart.
- I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes Forever, to the very end.
King David kept the Word as his delight his entire life. “For by Him all things were created, that are in heaven, and that are in the earth. Visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, dominions, principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him; and He is before all things, and by Him, all things consist (Col.1:16-17) “Your testimonies I have as a heritage forever, For they are the rejoicing of my heart.”
Where do you turn when the heartbreaks of life overtake you? To what place do you go, or where do you find rest for your soul? What eases the pain, encourages you, and restores your hope? In these times David always turned to the Word of the Lord. That was his heritage, the Word that was given and preserved through God’s people. He immersed himself in it, his heart got so excited to learn of the greatest of God. The more he was afflicted, the more he turned to the testimonies of God’s intervention with his people.
That word was a lamp unto his feet and a light unto his path. Because of it, David could see the way out of every unpredictable day tuning into darkness. King David’s life was in the Lord and His Word- it was his place of comfort and his source of direction.
Often we wish we could work life’s obstacles out like David did with a harp and a song. Being neither a musician nor a songwriter, that dream is not possible. However, in the same manner of David’s longing for God’s word, we long for the Holy Spirit. He comforts us, He instructs us, and prepares us for the coming King, Jesus.
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.