GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
By Fr. Paul Stewart
- You are my portion O Lord, I have said I would keep your words.
- I entreated Your favor with my whole heart. Be merciful to me according to your word.
- I thought about my ways. And turned my feet to your testimonies.
- I made haste and did not delay to keep Your commandments.
- The cords of the wicked have bound me, But I have not forgotten Your Law.
- At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You. Because of your righteous judgments of those who fear You.
- I am a companion of all those who fear You, And of those who keep Your precepts.
- The earth, O Lord is full of Your mercy. Teach me Your statutes.
Each day we have work, jobs, appointments, responsibilities, and commitments, and it is so easy to get whelmed over. The more we take onto ourselves, the more we tax our ability to complete them all. “I entreat Your favor with my whole heart. Be merciful to me according to your word.” This favor comes, The Holy Spirit opens favor to us to make our way easier. Someone we need to talk to is calling us; something we need to buy is on sale; if our car is about to break down, it does in a convenient place.
The Lord covers us with this grace, His Holy Spirit is above us and around us. Wherever our feet carry us, this canopy of love moves with us. “The earth, O Lord, is full of Your mercy, Teach me Your statutes.”
The word is not a code of rights and wrong, rather testimonies of His love, mercy, and grace. He likens you to His bride, sending the Holy Spirit to remind us, that He will never leave nor forsake those who have made Him their portion.
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.