GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day.
- You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies.
- I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation.
- I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Your precepts.
- I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word.
- I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me.
- How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
- Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way.
David found a greater value in the Word of God than being a king. Meditating on it day and night taught him a wisdom that made him wiser than his enemies. All biblical learning is centered on wisdom, and all true wisdom comes from above (James 1:7). A wisdom that is not of this age, nor of the rulers of this age…. (1 Cor. 2:6) Disciplining himself with this way of life helped him to restrain from the influence of evil. He sought God’s perfection and considered anything that lessened it to be a distraction.
King David was in love with the Lord, and in his pursuit of Him, the Holy Spirit led him into a deeper understanding of His precepts and commands. It happened, his heart was changed, and he took on a distinction that those who taught him had not reached, a man after the heart of God. It was not about rules and regulations, nor do’s and don’ts, but about the sweetness of honey to his mouth. It separated him from the world, it prepared, it purified, and it delivered him from past behaviors.
Holy Spirit, change my heart and make it more like Jesus, the wisdom of God. Mold me and shape me for you are the potter, and I am the clay.
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.