GOD’S WORD THROUGH THE BOOK OF PSALMS
Fr Paul Stewart
- Your hands have made me and fashioned me; Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
- Those who fear You will be glad when they see me Because I have hoped in Your word.
- I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.
- Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, According to Your word to Your servant.
- Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; For Your law is my delight.
- Let the proud be ashamed, For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; But I will meditate on Your precepts.
- Let those who fear You turn to me, Those who know Your testimonies.
- Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes, That I may not be ashamed.
King David knew it was by God’s hand that he was formed. He didn’t choose the womb that would carry him, nor did he choose to be born of the covenant promises of God. It was God who chose the privileges. And of Zion, it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High Himself shall establish her.” The Lord will record When He registers the peoples: “This one was born there.”(Psalm 87:5-6)
David asks for understanding from God’s commandments that His Spirit would form him according to the Word. He was certain that Lord was not punishing for the afflictions he suffered was only used to fashion into the image of his Creator.
David stretched his hand to grasp the testimonies of the past, forming a chain of continuity. Willing allowing the hand of the Lord to mold him as the potter molds the clay by applying pressure. With the fire of the Holy Spirit, he was cleansed, transforming the impurities that surfaced into God-likeness.
It was then he could be the king, the seat of blessing that God would rule from.
We too are called to be a blessing for the body, and to the world, we live in. The Holy Spirit writes His word on our hearts, we become the living testimonies. His purpose is that through you all mankind will see and hear the commandments of God. That wherever you are, things can change for the good and folks will be at peace with the Lord.
MORETOWN BIBLE STUDY WITH THE CHURCH OF THE CRUCIFIED ONE
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.