Gods Word Through The Book of Psalms
By Fr. Paul Stewart
Psalm 119: 49-56
- Remember the word to Your Servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope.
- This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.
- The proud have me in great derision, Yet I do not turn aside from Your law.
- I remembered Your judgments of old, O Lord, And have comforted myself.
- Indignation has taken hold of me. Because of the wicked, who forsake Your law.
- Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
- I remember Your name in the night O Lord, And I keep your law.
- This has become mine Because I kept Your precepts.
David had come to a place where the word became his greatest comfort! He faced many accusations against him, and through these trials, he turned not from the law of God. It seems we are always in some kind of conflict and we are ready with a sword to combat them. Often our zealousness causes us to react in ways that outside of Gods word. Peter pulled out his sword and cut the soldiers ear off, but Jesus quickly spoke, this is not my way. During the night we ponder the day, wishing like Peter that our choices were different.
David had hope, the word taught him the judgments of God. He comforted himself in knowing His Lord’s mercy. Peter after the denial was haunted- but Jesus came through after the Resurrection; “tell Peter too.”
The Holy Spirit reminds us that every promise of the Father, the things He spoke to us and said we would do, are restored through Jesus. This is the house of our pilgrimage, the call to us; walk, and be lifted up by the Spirit of God.
Moretown Bible Study with The Church of the Crucified One
The Church of the Crucified One, is a Non-denominational, Faith Community, of born again, Spirit Filled Christians, located in beautiful Moretown, Vermont bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Moretown, Waterbury, Waitsfield, Warren, Montpelier, Burlington & The Madriver Valley.